The Intertextual Animal [Video Series]
The Intertextual Animal is a monthly video series of conversations about content writing, textuality and the power of linked words, thoughts, people and data.
The themes of the series revolve around:
- Writing for the Web
- The Semantic Web
- Human connection
- The dance of code and culture
- The morphing textuality across the cyber spaces we communicate within.
The idea to explore these themes in a conversational manner was born out of a deep desire to connect to multitude of layers part of the concept: The intertextual animal.
Some of the thought adventures you are more than welcome to embark on, together with me and my guests, will be:
- Man-machine intelligence and what this has to do with the search for meaning (and, sorry, pizza)
- Data-fed agents and curiosity-nurtured content writers
- The poiesis of communities online and building of communication bridges
- Intelligent content and the orchestration of user experiences
- The importance of analogue threads when it comes to “digital”
- The future of text and the “now” of connecting
- The roots of intertwingularity in the past
Each conversation of the series will live on YouTube and in a post here, on this website, so you can subscribe to the RSS feed and follow the updates.
Calendar with the intended intertextual adventures for the first half of 2019
Note: Past intertextual adventures contain links to a post with a link to the video from the conversation, a transcript and any thoughts and comments from the event.)
|Date||Fellow adventurer||Topic||Link to the event||Link to the post (with transcript)|
|February 8, 2019||David Amerland||Digital Communication||We, the Web Weavers and Sense-Makers with David Amerland|
|March 8, 2019||Aaron Bradley||Semantic Connections||Linked Data, Intelligent Content and Utility on the Web|
|April 8, 2019||Rachel Happe||The Power of Empathy in Communications||The Power of Communities in the Age of Paradox – a talk with Rachel Happe|
|Frode Hegland||Interactive Words||Upcoming||upcoming|
|June 8, 2019||Zara Altair||Between Fiction and Non-fiction on the Web||upcoming||upcoming|
|July 8, 2019||Gideon Rosenblatt||Words as Bridges Between Digital and Analogue Reality||upcoming||upcoming|
Also, if you feel like joining me, please send me an email and I will be more than happy to discuss with you all things text, textuality and our webby, intertextual nature.